Lithium Brine Services
GWI provides a full range of services related to lithium brines. These unique deposits are becoming increasingly important, with the growing demand for green energy.
Lithium brine services provided by GWI include informal review of deposit data, to render an opinion of existing data and next steps in exploration.
They also include technical oversight of Resource and Reserve Evaluations, functioning as an independent Qualified Professional (QP) as defined by NI43-101 and JORC.
Lithium Brine Projects directed and conducted by Dr. King include the following:
Definitive Feasibility Study for Lithium Americas (2012)
- GWI was responsible for the lithium brine Reserve Estimate included in this DFS. This ground-breaking work represents one of the first publicly available Reserve Estimates for a lithium brine deposit. The estimate was developed with a detailed 3-D numerical groundwater model (in FEFLOW) that simulated the progression of brine production wells, according to a detailed series of production constraints.
Inferred Resource Estimate for Lithium Americas at the Cauchari Salar in Argentina (2010)
Measured, Indicated and Inferred Resource Estimate for Lithium Americas (2010)
Initial Drill Program for the Talison Lithium’s Salares 7 Project in Chile (2011)
- This work was conducted at Salar de la Isla and Las Parinas. It included a program of sonic drilling, brine sampling, and formulation of a follow-up investigation.
Due Diligence Review of a Lithium Brine Project, including Reserve Estimate (Argentina; Confidential Site / Client (2015))
- This work included in-software reviews of numerical and stratigraphic models.
Due Diligence Review of a Lithium Brine Project, including Reserve Estimate (Argentina; Confidential Site / Client (2013))
- This work included in-software reviews of numerical and stratigraphic models
Due Diligence Review of a Lithium Brine Project, including Resource Estimate (Chile; Confidential Client (2013))
Due Diligence Review of a Lithium Brine Project (and other separate smaller properties) including preliminary Resource Estimate (Argentina; Confidential Client (2015))
Variable Density Modelling to Support an Environmental Impact Assessment in the Salar de Atacama, by Rockwood Lithium (from 2013 to 2015)
- In this ground-breaking work, Dr. King directed the development of multiple local scale 2D SEAWAT models that interact with a regional scale MODFLOW model. The objective is to evaluate the effect of brine production on the brine-freshwater interface and on lagoons in the perimeter areas of the Salar de Atacama.
Assessment of existing data and exploration opportunities at the Teel’s Marsh playa in Nevada, for Lithium One (2011)
Technical Advisor to Daijin Resources, for investigation of lithium brine properties in Nevada and Argentina (2015)